Saturday, January 22, 2011

Difference Between The Proton Persona with Perodua Myvi

 This 2 car is the new debate in Malaysia, one have a good reputation in quality and one don't. One is a sedan and one is a hatchback. I've been to http://paultan.org and http://www.motortrader.com.my/forum to see how the reaction of the people who saw the New Proton Persona (some said is not new, only a Gen2 with butt). I quite interested in this new car, as I don't want to see Proton (P1) fail because it's the pride of Malaysian. In the forum or comment the people leave in those 2 site, I found out that a lot of people put great faith in P1 and wish P1 can be as good as P2(Perodua). In this recent year P2 got their reputation in QC and their new model is selling like HOTCAKE. But I'm not too sure about Perodua Viva. So Malaysian now are comparing this 2 car manufacturer, as they wish to bring more quallty to P1.

This is the new P1 Persona, which I think is nice and good looking. I always think Gen2 is a beatuiful design car, but bacause of it's QC the car is not selling like HOTCAKE. But this sedan that base on Gen2 with added butt really look good. 1.6L engine with big boot and selling at RM45k. Which I like the Blueberry Tea colour the most. Is a car worth to consider. But a lot of people is waiting for the buyer to comment on the QC of the car. They scared that like previous condition, the power window will spoil, the boot will not open, the aircond will spoil and such. I really wish this car will bring new height to P1 quality and all the coming model won't have any problem anymore. I also wish Proton all the best. I thinking of getting one myself, if the QC of the car is good.

This is the P2 MYVI. Is the most sellable car right now on the market. Hear someone said, there are more then 70k of this car on the road. Is the most prefered car for student, working people, Ah Beng, Cute gal.....etc P2 got a good reputation for it QC, people buy P2 because of it's QC and a rebadge from Daihatsu or Toyota. That one of the main reason this baby selling like a hot cake. The Price range is from RM40k for the 1L engine-more then RM50k for the 1.3L engine high spec. By the way, the new Proton CEO is formally from P2. Maybe he is bringing the QC to P1 soon.

Again, there is no conclusion for which one to choose. But I will advice people to get Persona, as is more worth while in terms of boot or bigger engine. But most important is the buyer, what they like, and what is the purpose of the car. For me I prefer bike more then car, so my judgement don't count that much. I still riding a Honda EX5 class 1. Very reliable and fuel economy, but not chic will sit on it.....haha I wish people stop bashing about proton and give them a chance to recover, maybe the Persona is a turnover for P1. I really wish both of them bring the Rakyat a better and nicer car, and we all can enjoy it better. Let this be a healthy competition that both this car manufacturer can learn from and improve together in time to come.....all the best for P1 & P2!

No comments:

Post a Comment